Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Cat on Guard


Look at these fabulous boxes I have finally got my little mitts onto. I saw two of them for the first time about 6 weeks ago, in a Merceria (haberdashery) in Gandia on my way to a Spanish lesson. I decided to stop off on my way back - only to find they were in the process of being bought by someone else. If only I´d not strolled back, but walked with a purpose - as I did have one! The shop said they would re-order them and they would be back in a week or two. Well, every Monday since then I´ve popped in and left very disappointed. But this week - there they were...and even better - there were three designs - so of course I had to have all three! I don´t know who makes or supplies them and I haven´t seen them anywhere else. Now comes the fun part of filling them and then displaying them... I think I need to rethink (and tidy!) my study/stitching area to fit them. In the photo the cat, Little, is obviously guarding them - he knows what makes me happy!
With the excitement of these boxes over let me tell you that I´ve done hardly any stitching since my last post as I´ve been laid low with a bit of a lurgy and have taken the easy option of being lazy and having a good excuse for it. Although I don´t think my eyeballs were up to concentrating on teeny weeny holes anyway. Before that I did start Ellen´s Maidens of the Sea and have done the backstitched border.
I keep forgetting to say, so rude of me, thank you to everyone who has posted comments here ... thank you.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Your boxes are wonderful! I'm glad for you that you were finally able to get them.

Love your kitty too! We have many, many!

CarolP said...

What a great find. And I love the cat - I admit I'm not a cat person (allergic to them), but she (or he) is beautiful.

Solstitches said...

No wonder you set Little to guard your boxes. They're gorgeous!
I could just come right on over and steal them away.
I think they were well worth waiting six weeks for.

Mercedes said...

Wow, Sheila, those colorful boxes are great for storage!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the boxes, particularly the one with buttons.

It was so nice catching up with you today. :)