The fabric on the left has a slighty hint-of-pink colour and the one on the right has a slight hint-of-greenyblue, and neither of them are blotchy like they look in the photo.
I really enjoyed stitching these and have quite a few more of Tanya´s designs in my stash pile.
The only changes I made were to the colours of the numbers in the bottom half. Oh and I did them both in Vikki Clayton´s HDF silks.
Which is just as well with all the new market designs out.
Some of the ones I´m in love with:
Cape Cod´s Girls
Quaker Gone Tropic - without the bit pink thing - I love the critters sprinkled around
Home Sweet Home - I like the colours on this one
Tree of Me - I think this could be fun
Travelling Stitcher
Penelope Pinhen - look under Twisted Oaks designs
Workbasket of Seasons
Fruits of the Harvest - not available until March
and of course ALL the Blackbird Designs, including the stockings!
(not affiliated with any of the above shops that I have linked to)
I´m dangerous now that I know how to make links :) Still got to work out how to get photos where I want them -and also to add updated times to blogging links. That sounds very high-tec and difficult...so don´t hold your breath!
Thank you all so much for your comments :)


9 comments:
Both are very lovely and I speak as one who has had both in my hands and admired them up close and personal.
I approve of your list of must have charts :)
Both are beautiful! I love Quaker gone tropic-but they used silk and colors-I think the pink thing would look far better in a different color.
Lovely finishes Sheila :D
Nice Nashville choices too - I'd seen the Bent Creek one but hadn't realised you can customise it!
Penelope Pinhen is lovely too..
Beautiful finishes Sheila! They will look lovely framed and hanging together :)
I love both your Sampler Girl finishes Sheila. They are beautiful.
I'm trying not to look too much at the market releases but I do love the Just Nan biscornu.
Sheila your samplers are beautiful, and I love your fabric choices! I love stitching Tanya's designs - she uses such pretty colors and they are fun.
Don't you love Cape Cod Girls? I haven't seen Quaker Tropics - I love that one!
Sheila,
Your Jane Austen companion pieces are just gorgeous. They will look beautiful next to each other.
Oh dear, it was definitely a mistake looking at your list of beloved charts. You have impeccable taste...haha!
Hugs Angela :>)
Hi Shiela, Your stitching of Tanya's designs are lovely. I have the "Return to the Sea" stitched and I think I will make it into a needleroll.
Your list of new designs you like are good choices - my favorite of them is The Cape Cod Girl and the Traveling Stitcher - must find those.
Happy Stitching - - Roberta
They are just lovely!! Congratulations :)
Post a Comment